Youth Heart Screening Event at Hickman High School

March 3, 2016

Families in the Columbia, MO area will be able to get heart screenings for $99 for all kids ages 10 and older. The event is on Saturday April 23rd, registration is required. Peak Sport and Spine has partnered with ATS HeartCheck to offer heart screenings for this discounted rate. The normal cost for these tests would exceed $1,500 if done in the hospital or doctor’s office.

 

The ATS HeartCheck is a very simple process that takes approximately 30 minutes and can reveal very important information about your child's heart health.

 

According to the March of Dimes, 40,000 babies are born with heart defects each year in the United States - that’s nearly 800 kids every week. In as many as 20% of the cases, (8,000 annually), family history plays a significant role. The remaining 80% are due to other causes that we may not typically consider. Additionally, the American Heart Association estimates 9,500 children under 18 experience sudden cardiac arrest annually with only a 5% chance of survival. Many of these defects go unnoticed until it is too late.

 

 Appointments are limited and offered on a First Come-First Serve basis and pre-registration is required. Click here to REGISTER ONLINE, or call (888) 862-8518. Choose the Columbia MO Public Schools option when registering online.

 

Financial Aid is available for those that qualify and can be requested on the ATS website -Click here for more information.

 

If you have any other questions about the event, click here to go to the event website.

 

 

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Featured Posts

Continuing Education for Our Therapists

April 25, 2016

1/8
Please reload

Recent Posts

January 1, 2017

December 25, 2016

November 24, 2016

November 15, 2016

August 30, 2016

Please reload

Archive
Search By Tags
Please reload

Please reload